Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Backseat Snakes

The snake in the back of the old Bronco wasn't nearly as bad as the bushy tailed wood rat in the Subaru. When you get into a 2006 Subaru Outback, you expect it to be animal free, unless you have purposefully put an animal there. When a squirrel-rat thing jumps from the backseat and out the driver's window, there is a moment of panic that would make any man ashamed of himself. In a 1982 Bronco, complete with rusted metal floor, you can reasonably expect an animal residing in the back. Yesterday, I told the kids to jump into the old Bronco so we can go get bricks. I looked in the back to see if it was worthy of bricks, and spotted a bull snake coiled up and resting comfortably.
Here is why it wasn't bad. First, I found the snake instead of the snake finding me. Second, the kids thought it was "so cool". Third, it was a bull snake and not a rattle snake. Fourth, I think it ate the mice that were living in the dashboard.

2 comments:

  1. I let it go right outside the truck. There was bull snake (probably the same one) next to the garage yesterday. I hope he's clearing out the mice and staying out of my truck. He doesn't have a license.

    ReplyDelete